Nub Navy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes to some faction things...

2 posters

Go down

Changes to some faction things... Empty Changes to some faction things...

Post by BigDaddyDev Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:11 am

These you will have seen before, but I'm planning on making changes to some of these potential ideas

(1) I propose, that for now, we limit the applicants to 1M minimum stats to join us. I'm all in favour of the "let anyone with whatever stats join", some of our oldest members started on barely any stats and became stronger, BUT, we do need a few extra hitters, and, there are a lot of times we can't declare on other factions, and some of our weaker ones then can't hit due to having smaller stats, a couple of extra members with over 1M would help us across the 100 chain line a bit more. this one I am now more in favour of, only temporary of course, but a few extra numbers would help, and the longer they stay, that's how we end up with people like IRA & so on, good chainers who enjoy being here.

(2) Something I'm 50/50 on at the moment, is that we chain at least one week, or two weeks in a month, this is something that can be changed several times over if needed, but instead of constant 3-4 week chaining methods, having one or two week bursts per month, obviously subject to change depending on our warbase situation, I basically did f**k all the last chain, so I myself have a lot of making up to do in terms of changing the way I use my energy. Plus, the upgrades we want to get are going to get harder and further away for us to chase, something like this keeps a motivational thing going.

(3) is giving them incentives to chain harder, they're not getting drugs from us, nor refills, so it can slightly be expected that they're not doing their utmost in helping us finish the chains, it's sad, but that's just the case, nothing we can do about that, other than fork out hundreds of millions of dollars in points and drugs and cans to help chains last longer, something we can't do. I propose that if we do agree on the incentives thing, then that would be totally funded by me, but given to the chainers from all of us, I want 0% credit for any of that, just that it's seen as it's been given by the four of us.

(4) We, ourselves make sure we have an actual channel to chat about things at the actual time, this is helpful, very helpful, but we don't really have to use a forum thread to talk about certain things that we could just use IRC for.

(5), Lastly, I've been thinking about having a lab installed in the faction, should we ever want to create a DB, long and drawn out process, also, the funds would be a big obstacle, but if the greedy fucker that is Rekker can make it, then so can we. Even if we spend $15b, and sell for $30b, we give everyone their cash back, and then build another, rinse, repeat, wash balls once a month and apply to the dry area....

Do let me know, also, if you want to scrap these and propose your own ideas, go forth young skywalker

Last edited by BigDaddyDev on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

BigDaddyDev
Admin

http://nubnavy.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Changes to some faction things... Empty Re: Changes to some faction things...

Post by megs Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:54 pm

I am going to respond to (1) in this post. I am going to copy and paste some of my response from another thread here.

On another point, the more I think about it the 60 hits per week may be a bit steep for our younger players. Not everyone is addicted to Torn as much as I am. 60 hits per week amounts to 12 hits 5 days a week. If our newer players do not log on that much and cant afford drugs and refills, this may be hard to accomplish.

One possibility is to kind of cycle through recruitment requirements. I talked about this once to someone, somewhere but do not remember the specifics lol. We can start recruiting higher level more established hitters. Among the requirements can be the 60 hits per week. We could "grandfather" in the lower players who have been here for a bit with a lower weekly hit count. For a bit, we could really push the recruitment of higher level, more established players. During that time, we could kind of be on the lookout for lower players, ones that we feel may be decent with some nurturing, and make exceptions for them.

After a bit of adding new, older players, we could open up recruitment to everyone during a training period. These players would not have the expectation of 60 hits during wars, maybe less.

I know that seems overly complicated, but I feel the best way to grow is to alternate between recruiting strictly higher level, tougher players and young nublets that we can teach and help grow.

megs

Back to top Go down

Post by BigDaddyDev Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:47 pm

I think that's fair, maybe scrapping then the entire min hits, and let people hit when they can/want

BigDaddyDev
Admin

http://nubnavy.createaforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by megs Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:53 pm

There needs to be some sort of requirement tho, if not it will be the same group of people doing all the work. Maybe just require everyone to make a reasonable effort?

megs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum